Hot chocolate isn’t just for kids anymore with the hot and heady Cockle Warmer.
But don't worry, the Cockle Warmer doesn't actually contain any cockles.
This can be made ahead of time in your slow cooker for easy serving this Christmas season.
- 8 cups whole chocolate milk
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Boot Hill Distillery White Whiskey
- 2 oz white creme de menthe
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Crushed candy canes for garnish
Combine all of the ingredients except the crushed candy canes in a 7-quart slow cooker.
Cook on low for one hour, then whiskey vigorously to ensure proper mixing.
Cook another hour on low, or until everything is entirely combined. Switch the pot over to warm and ladle out into mugs. Top with the whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
(Shoutout to Jenni Latzke for the name "Cockle Warmer" as well!)